Version 1.4 released!
evaluate the LinesOfCodeWichtel on www.heise.de/software !
What is a
What is a LinesOfCodeWichtel?
The most important thing: The LinesOfCodeWichtel is FREEWARE !
The LinesOfCodeWichtel is a Lines of Code (LOC) Counter.
Code lines, blank lines and comment lines are counted separately. It counts lines of code in C++, C#, C, JAVA, JSP,
BASIC, HTML, XML, CSS, AS, RUBY and PHP programs per default.
Other languages can be added via a configuration window.
Features Version 1.0:
- The program counts C++, C#, C, JAVA, JSP, BASIC, HTML, XML,
CSS and PHP code lines by default.
- Lines of other code can be counted by editing the
- The comment types can be edited easily..
- The LinesOfCodeWichtel counts lines with a maximum of three characters
as blank lines (as usual). This value is editable.
- Results can be saved.
- German and English language is supported.
- Preferences are saved. Actions are repeatable with a single
- Several paths and files all over the path structure can be
selected independently. Paths are searched recursively. It is easly to
spare out some folders in between others, e.g. to count only your own
Updates in Version 1.4:
- The program additionally counts AS and RUBY code lines by
- Results can additionally be saved as CSV table (many thanks
to Marcus Bleil from Berlin).
- Files are counted, even if the end with capital letters.
- The Wichtel is now able to cope with 0 byte files.
In order to use the LinesOfCodeWichtel, you will need at least the Java
Runtime Environment in version 1.6.
Please give me some feedback:
Please also mail me if you have some good ideas about something to add
- The LinesOfCodeWichtel is programmed on Linux (Mandrake)
and tested with
SuSE-Linux, Windows XP and Windows 2000. Please tell me, if there are
troubles with operating systems.
- If someone wants to have a new filetype in the defaults, I
extension(s) and all possible comment types.
- If someone needs another language (and has some time) , I
will send him the
language file for translation.
Please write mails to:
Back to overview
Doubleclick the jar-file after downloading it. If Java is installed,
the Wichtel will start.
- Take a look at the preferences and edit them if you want.
- Choose your filetypes on the right side of the main window
- Choose your paths and files (paths will be searched
recursively) on the left side of the main window.
- Click the button "Count now".
- The results will be shown. It is possible to get results
for every single file, or to get the results for a specified directory.
If you doubleclick a file, you will see a fileviewer showing how the
Wichtel counted that certain file.
Back to overview
--- Last update of site: 12.July.2008 ---